Kids are noisy. A noisy child is usually a healthy child, so we pediatricians welcome noise. Today we give you Top Ten Sounds we are grateful for this Thanksgiving:
10. The sound of a six-month-old baby’s belly laugh.
9. The sound of a two year old trying to say “gobble, gobble, gobble.”
8. The sound of a three year old saying “why?” about 100 times a day.
7. The sound of a chatty first grader who tells you about her favorite part of her day in one gigantic run-on sentence.
6. The sound of a grade school orchestra concert (as heard through ear plugs).
5. The sound of a high school orchestra concert played by the same students you remember playing in their grade school concert.
4. The sound of a teenager confiding something very important during a check up and then answering “yes” to the question “Do your parents know about this?”
3. The sound of a high school senior saying he got into his first choice college.
2. The sound of children (and their pets) breathing as they sleep.
1. The sound of a child’s small voice at Thanksgiving dinner leading her family in thanks.
Wishing you all a noisy Thanksgiving.
Julie Kardos, MD and Naline Lai, MD
©2010 Two Peds in a Pod℠